Minutes of the Industrial Visit: Sandoz Novartis, Thane Kalwa plant
Date:18 th Feb 2022 Time: 11:30 pm onwards
Industry Member: Mr Mangesh Khedkar, Mr Bhanu Agilent Engineer.
HKCP members were Present: Dr Indira Parab Dr. Jaya Agnihotri.
Following business was transacted,
1. Dr Sudhir Bhadare Head Technical Operations India and Site Head Kalwe Novartis Technical Operation Solids is classmate of Dr Indira Parab who contacted her and informed about analytical instrument to be donated and invited her to visit Kalwe Novartis Plant for Solids.
2. Dr Indira and Dr Jaya visited the Quality Assurance Sandoz kalwa plant
3. They met Mr Magesh Khedkar and his team. The team showed them analytical instrument like
➢ Dissolution Apparatus
➢ Millipore water
➢ UV Spectrophotometer
➢ Media preparation tank
➢ Dissolution autosampler
➢ UV cabinet
➢ Muffle furnace
4. We have discussed regarding software and installation.
5. We requested Dr Sudhir Bhandare to make provision for transportation to H K College with person for installation
6. Mr khedkar introduced Agilent engineer Mr. Bhanu.
7. He also assured to provide maximum support for serving and installation
8. We also requested to consider us whenever the instrument with respect to formulation development like refrigerator thought for donation.
9. After discussion it seems for sophisticated instrument like HPLC, Issue of software costing more than lakhs in such cases the college will not be in position to do these expenses instead we are ready to wait for instruments where no such expenses will be paid by college. So, industry assured to provide us 2 DT Apparatus 1 UV Spectrophotometer Muffle furnace, Glassware Milli pore Purifier immediately after their policy protocol get over by company. However Additional units of dissolution apparatus and auto sampler of HPLC will be provided after six months. We have given the list of instruments Like PH Meter Osmometer etc to consider for donation and keep H K College of Pharmacy on Priority basis for donation of Instruments related to QA and F & D.
Minutes of the Industrial Visit: Umang Pharma Tech Pvt Limited
Date:20 th April 2022 Time: 10:30 AM
Industry Member: Ms Komal (QA Head), Ms Bushra, Mr Meeraj
HKCP members were Present: Dr. Jaya Agnihotri. M Pharm Semester II Students
Following business was transacted,
1. Dr Jaya Agnihotri along with 15 M Pharm Semester II Visited Umang Pharm Tech Pvt Limited Vasai Maharashtra 401208
2. They met Ms Komal and Ms Bushra (HKCP Alumni)and her team. The team showed Us
Different Pelletizers and Spheronizers
Hot melt Extruder
3. Ms Bushra and Mr Meeraj showed us every step of pelletization and spherization.
4. She discussed about ongoing projects, their day to day complications etc with students.
5. Ms Komal(QA Head) and Ms Vishakha allowed 15 students for UG Internship (One month training) from third year.
6. Mr Nikitesh Showed Pharma Engeneering Section at umang Pharma Tech. and Introduced bench top pelletizer and spheronizer.
7. Mr Nikhil requested for content writing for their website updation
Hospital Visit -2019
Date: 4th and 5th April 2019
Co-Ordinator’s Mrs. Parimal Kotkar, Mrs. Rachel Britto, Ms. Shamshiya Malik, Dr. Iram Nazish
Organized by: H. K. College of Pharmacy
The Hospital visit was organized for First Year B. Pharm students. Total 51 students visited the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital.
The main idea of the hospital visit to show the various departments of the hospital so that students can understand the actual working, roles and responsibilities of hospital pharmacist.
Students were divided into two groups which was coordinated by four faculty members. Group A visited hospital on 4th April and was accompanied by faculty members Mrs. Rachel Britto and Mrs. Pariaml Kotkar, Group B visited hospital on 5th April 2019 was accompanied by faculty members, Ms. Shamshiya Malik and Dr. Iram Nazish.
Faculty members visited Sr.Inventory maneger of Kokilaben hospital. He assigned his staff to show the CSSD department and Drug store. They have shown the CSSD and hospitals drug store area. In CSSD they explain about the sterilization technique used in hospital for instruments, blood product, patient gowns etc. also showed different equipment’s and its working for sterilization. In drug store area students were gained knowledge about each department in storage area like walk in refrigerator, pneumatic tube system, high risk medicine area, inventory area etc.
The visit gave a lot of knowledge to the students which helped them in their studies.
Medicinal Garden Visi
Date: 16th April 2019
Visit at: Maharashtra Nature Park, Dharavi, Mumbai
Attended by: Second Year B. Pharm students
Organized by: Dr. Priyanka Goswami (HOD, Pharmacognosy Department)
Students Accompanied by: Ms. Parimal Kotkar, Dr. Archana Bele
Medicinal garden visit was scheduled for S. Y. B. Pharm students on 16th April 2019 at Maharashtra Nature Park, Dharavi, Mumbai. Students reported at the park at 8:30 am and visit was started at 9:00 am. Visit was started with showing audio visual clip and presentation about the nature park, in which they informed about the history of the park, different varieties and species of plants which were planted, also they told about different workshops, programs, educational tours conducted in the park.
After this student were divided in to 2 groups and allotted with two guides, each group was accompanied by a faculty member. During visit of garden, guides informed about the medicinal plants which were planted. They told about the common name, biological source and main uses of the medicinal plants. They informed about the cultivation and collection of different parts of the medicinal plants. The visit of medicinal garden was very fruitful and students got good knowledge of the medicinal plants from the guide.
Medley Industry visit
Title: “Pharm Analysis Departmental Visit to Medley Pharmaceuticals”
Coordinators: Dr. Anagha Raut, Dr.Archana Bele
Date: Saturday 16th March and 30th March 2018
Address: MEDLEY RESEARCH CENTRE. Plot no. 26/71, Saugbaug, Marol Co-Operative Industrial, Estate, Off Andheri Kurla Road, Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400059 INDIA).
The industry visit was organized for T. Y. B. Pharm. Students were taken in two batches on 16th and 30th March
Summary of the Industry Visit:
- The students of T. Y. B. Pharm visited the lab at 2.30 am. The student’s attendance was recorded by the faculty.
- Mr.Vijay Bagul, Sr.GM Analytical Department welcomed the faculty and students.
- The students were divided into groups for visiting the different sections in the lab.
- Mr. Vinayak and Mr. Sawant of Analytical Department briefed the students about the working and procedures followed in the department.
- Students were exposed to different instruments like HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV and Centralized Humidity chamber.
- The faculty thanked Mr. Vijay Bagul, GM-Analytical Development, MEDLEY RESEARCH CENTRE and his team for their cooperation and explanation to the students
REPORT ON INDUSTRY VISIT AT ABHINAV HEALTHCARE
Date: 23rd March 2018
Industry Address: Abhinav Health Care Products Pvt. Ltd., Village Nehruli, Wada, District Palghar
Organized for: T. Y. B. Pharm and F.Y. M. Pharm
Co-Ordinators: Dr. Anagha Raut, Ms. Parimal Kotkar, Dr. Mohd. Wais, Dr. Ritesh Fule
The industry visit was arranged for students of T. Y. B. Pharm & M. Pharm. The buses reached Abhinav Health Care Products Pvt. Ltd., Wada at 10.00 am after a brief halt for breakfast on the way. Mr. Kishor, Plant Manager welcomed the faculty and students. The students were divided into batches for visiting the different departments in the manufacturing unit after brief instructions.
The production executive explained each batch of students about the various department while taking a round of each department.
The departments like Raw material storage, Extract storage, Dispensing area, Mixing & Granulation, Tablet, Capsule, packaging, Quarantine and quality control etc. were seen by the students.
The faculty thanked Mr. Kishor (Plant Manager) and his team for their cooperation and explanation to the students.
Medicinal Garden Visit
Date:29 March 2018
Place of Visit:Malad East
Faculty:: Dr. Iram Nazish, Ms. Faiza Shaikh
Students:Second Year: 46
Naturopathy:Dr. Raj Merchant
A visit was organized to ‘Dr. Raj Merchant’s – Naturopathy (Medicinal Garden)’ at Malad East on 29th March 2018 for second year B. Pharm students. Forty-six students and two teachers visited the site. The aim was to show the students proper methods for managing medicinal plants in a garden and to provide information on plants that could be suitable for their gardens and for any pathological diseases. Dr. Raj Merchant showed the students and teachers various medicinal plants maintained in the herbal plant section of the site and highlighted their importance, usefulness, and significance. They also encouraged students to disseminate medicinal plant-related information to other students the college. The students and the teachers all enjoyed the visit and found it informative and useful.
Importance of some herbs with their medicinal values
- Herbs such as black pepper, cinnamon, myrrh, aloe, sandalwood, ginseng, red clover, burdock, bayberry, and safflower are used to heal wounds, sores and boils.
- Some herbs are also having antibiotic properties. Turmeric is useful in inhibiting the growth of germs, harmful microbes and bacteria. Turmeric is widely used as a home remedy to heal cut and wounds.
- Ginger and cloves are used in certain cough syrups. They are known for their expectorant property, which promotes the thinning and ejection of mucus from the lungs, trachea and bronchi. Eucalyptus, Cardamom, Wild cherry and cloves are also expectorants.
These herbal products are today being the symbol of safety in contrast to the synthetic drugs, that are regarded as unsafe to human being and environment. Although herbs had been priced for their medicinal, flavouring and aromatic qualities for centuries, the synthetic products of the modern age surpassed their importance, for a while. However, the blind dependence on synthetics is over and people are returning to the naturals with hope of safety and security. It’s time to promote them globally.
FIELD TRIP TO DESIRE SOCIETY
Date: 27th October 2016
Organized by: Ms. Ojaswi Ghadge, Ms. Hema Kanekar, Ms. Faiza Shaikh
For First Year B. Pharm Students of H K College of Pharmacy
Place of Visit: Desire Society, Goregaon (W), Mumbai- 400 104
First Year B. Pharm students of H. K. College of Pharmacy, visited an orphanage for HIV/ AIDS children as a part of their curriculum. Resource Mobilization Officer at the Desire Society, Mr. Bharat Tamang, introduced HK students and staff to the children at Desire Society. Chhildren presented a welcome song for the guests from HKCP. Mr. Bharat explained the objective and overall working of the society.
HK students organized some fun games for the children and enjoyed music, dance, and songs with them. All students and HKCP staff donated some essential items to the center such as Bournvita, ProtineX powder, Vitamin Syrups, Towels, Toothbrushes, coconut oil, biscuits, chocolates, clothes, story books etc. Also, students helped in serving the food to students during their lunch time.
REPORT ON INDUSTRIAL VISIT AT HYDERABAD
H.K. College of Pharmacy organized 6 Day 5 Night Industrial Visit from 21st January to 26th January 2015. The tour started on January 21st and all participants were requested to assemble at CST railways station to board Hyderabad express. The entire stay was arranged at United 21 Hotels & Resorts, Sikandarabad.
- Day 1: Sight Scene: Hussain Sagar Lake, Lumbini Park, Golkonda Fort
- Day 2: Sight Scene: Ramoji Film city
- Day 3: Industrial Visit to Zenera Pharma & Granules India
Students were asked to wear double gown. They were taken to actual manufacturing of Solid dosage forms. Raw material storage, sterilization, discarding of raw materials, granulation, blending, mixing, tablet punching machine, capsule filling machine and blister packaging (fully automatic & manual) kind of operation were observed by students.
Evening: Shopping at Charminar
- Day 4: Sight Scene Salaar Jan Museum
On 25th evening participants boarded Mumbai Express and reached back Mumbai on 26th by 1:00 pm.
The Industrial visit was great knowledge gaining experience and students enjoyed at the fullest.
Medicinal Garden Visit
As per the syllabus of Pharmacognosy Lab-I of Third Year B.Pharm, the visit to Medicinal garden was arranged. Dr. Raj Merchant ‘Pattiwala Doctor’ owner and care taker of medicinal garden interacted with all the students and provided valuable information on medicinal plants like ‘Curry leaves’ (kadi patta), Tulsi leaves, Carrot, Onion, Datura and many more with respect to utility in various ailments and disorders. He answered queries of the students by advising suitable medicinal plant and which form to be used. He claims to have treated patients suffering from thyroid, diabetes, asthma, cancer, gall bladder and problems related to eyes, kidney and many other diseases. These and hundreds of other shrubs and trees are the simple yet effective weapons with which the naturopathy cures his patients. He mixes juice of leaves with water, ghee, honey or alcohol, which is then given to the patient in stages. He actually gave morphological identification & further details with respect to common name, botanical name & uses by taking around the garden. It was indeed fruitful visit for all.
Some of the past Industrial Visits Report:-