Tree Plantation Program
Date: 22nd June 2019
Organized at: H. K. College of Pharmacy, Jogeshwari (W), Mumbai.
Associated with: NGO ‘Tomorrow Foundation, Barclays Volunteers and Rubicon Skill Development Institute
Organized By: Ms. Parimal Kotkar (Pharmacognosy Department)
Trees play a critical role in our existence on earth. They provide us with numerous products that we utilize in our daily lives, from food to furniture, paper to medicines and a host of products in between. Their aesthetic appeal is universal, and they make our world a much more beautiful place.
Department of Pharmacognosy organized “Tree Plantation Program” on 22nd June 2019, in between 9:00 am to 11:30 am in association with NGO ‘Tomorrow Foundation’, Barclay’s Volunteers and Rubicon Skill Development Institute. Total of 15 volunteers from Barclays, Ms. Dhanya Narayanan (Chief Operating Officer), Mr. Pravir Kumar (Chief Executive Officer) from Rubicon Skill Development Institute, faculty and students of H. K. College of Pharmacy participated in the program. /p>
The Program was witnessed by Dean, Dr. M. N. Saraf, Principal, Dr. Anubha Khale of H. K. College of Pharmacy. Medicinal plants like Bael, Ajowan, Amla, Pomegranate, Fig, Chiku, Mango, Sonchafa, Panphuti, etc. were planted on the premises & medicinal garden of H. K. College of Pharmacy. Total of 18 plants was donated by NGO ‘Tomorrow foundation’.
International Yoga Day Report
Date: 21st June 2019
Time: 2.30-4.30 PM
Venue: Conference Room, Ground floor
Conducted By: Ms. Vasudha Gore Yoga Teacher, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai.
Coordinated By: Dr. M.N. Saraf & Dr. Priyanka Goswami
For: Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff
- what is Yog, Yoga, Yam, Niyam, Asana, Pranayam, Pratyahar, Dharana & Samadhi
- Different Yoga principles like Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Institute
- Different Yoga styles by Nimbalakar Guruji & Baba Ramdev
- Different breathing cleansing techniques: Sutra neti
- Importance of Yoga in Psychosomatic disorders, Myths related to Yoga
- Practicability of Yoga in Today’s time
- Importance of Breathing techniques & Shavshana